Water Damage Insurance Claim
At any given time a house or establishment can face sudden and accidental water damage. Issues like burst pipes or damaged plumbing systems, water seepage and the after-effects of it, like damaged furniture and damp walls, are widespread in provinces that have extreme weather. These can bring in additional issues of unhealthy growth of moulds and the weakening of wooden structures and furniture due to dampening. The dampness also brings in a weird odour that needs to be properly attended to, aired out, or even results in replacements of affected areas in severe cases.
The health problems related to water damage are also quite serious if you let them linger on for a long time. Unchecked water damage can lead to the development of respiratory issues, skin problems and poor circulation as it facilitates the festering of a variety of bacteria and viruses in the air. Proper circulation and evaluation of the affected areas or resulting dampness has to be done in a timely manner.
In the event of a claim, It is critical that you check all the nooks and crannies of your home for the resulting flow of water damage and moisture, by not depending on insurance water damage companies and their contractors to blindly survey and decide for themselves where the water has migrated. Which will ultimately decide the valuation of your claim. For this purpose, we are always at your disposal.
Look Out for Some of the Following Signs
Water damage can lead to many other systematic and structural failures in the property. Knowledge of what the extent of water damage can be is essential so that you can take care of these persisting minor issues during the days following the event. Most of the hidden water damage can be adamant in the following ways:
- Burst Pipes are the most commonly occurring issues that result in water damage. If the pressure of the water is great, it might overwhelm the area damaging the contents within or damaging walls that will then need to be removed and replaced. Small fixtures should be checked for missing parts while assessing.
- Water heater bursts and accidents are unfortunate and might become even more dangerous if the temperature of the water is high. Damage to nearby wires should not be overlooked in such cases for the long-term maintenance of the appliances.
- Storms, heavy rain and high-velocity winds can wreak havoc on your roof and damage eaves and shingles. Falling branches of trees can lead to severe faults in the roof and other outdoor structures. Check for cracks and minor faults in the structures which could lead to water infiltration.
- Ice damming can cause more damage to homes in two or three months than the water damage it bears for the rest of the year. Because it is such an intrinsic part of the geographical lifestyle that we live, it is vital to check for signs of dampness in topmost corners of your rooms, especially the attics.
We can assist you in finding evidence of water damages to your house or business, as per the geography and location. Experience has taught us to look for clues of water damage to your property, no matter how minor it might be, so that your insurance adjuster does not overlook it by any chance.
Reasons to Hire Us
After you discover the water damages insurance claim to your structure, a repelling feeling of irritation and discomfort can occur. There are times when you have to ultimately relocate to a temporary shelter while your home is no longer livable. It is vital to remember to document these damages to the benefit of your full claim. We can help you every step of the way, from guiding you through the initial filing process to the time you return to normal. Some important ways in which we will help you in case of water damage claim are given below:
- As in fire damage, it is significant to document and take pictures of the damaged area and contents before the restoration company starts the emergency services. Reach out to us so that we can assess the extent of the damage, along with the insurance company’s adjuster, to give you an accurate picture of your claim.
- This evaluation plays a crucial part in determining your claim amount and reimbursement. Our network of contractors can complete a Water Mapping assessment to see exactly where the water has flowed and the full extent of damage the water has caused.
- The claims process can take up a lot of your time and be a hassle for you. Bring in expert adjusters like us to do that job for you so that you can concentrate on maintaining as much of a healthy life as you can under the circumstances.
- We negotiate the highest possible settlement on your behalf, keeping an eye on even the most minute details of water damage so that you can get back to the safest, most secure home or business possible.
Water damage is the most common type of property damage faced by a majority of the general population. A maximum number of insurance companies have standardized insurance policies that take care of recurring issues like pipe bursts and breakage. And only about half of Canadians actually understand what kind of water damage claim is covered by their insurance company. It is advisable to consult a public adjuster before you settle with your insurance water damage company so that you can reap the full benefits of your claim.